HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
PROFILE PICTURE
SUSAN PARRISH - FOUNDER

Hello, I'm Susan! Welcome to Suz Bakes.


Congrats! You've stumbled across the website during a MAJOR rehaul! I promise it'll be fixed and beautiful within the week. Sorry for the craziness... check back soon! :)
| August 29, 2016


BUTTON TEXT

Check it out!

Sale info goes here. :)

BUTTON TEXT

blueberry scone muffins.


Everyone was out of the house this morning and I had blueberries leftover from yesterday. So, um... MUFFINS. I found another recipe to try and had exactly the right amount of berries left to use. Cloud nine status. Just one little thing - they're scones. But still muffin-shaped, so it counts!

We're still getting ready for people to come and go, so I had plenty of things to do this morning. But when I opened the refrigerator to grab breakfast, I saw the blueberries. They were there, calling my name, begging to be consumed in some kind of baked sweet.

Okay, not really. I saw them and knew my mother had made a fuss about purchasing too many of them and that they were taking up space in the fridge (love you, Mom!). I searched for a quick recipe, and that's how I stumbled across these scones. I would have rather made them with a streusel topping of some sort, but again - time.

They would be phenomenal with a crumb topping or even just a bit of sugar on top. Brush them with butter while they're warm and sprinkle a bit of sweetness... mmmhmm. That'd be just fine.


I was happily able to sneak these in the oven and finish up the dishes before my mother got back from the store. Luckily, she was planning on taking dinner to our new pastor, so I was able to send a few with her to lessen the temptation of eating every single one. Sharing is what Jesus would do. Although He'd probably also multiply them beforehand. Five thousand maayyy be overkill, but something close.

I'd love to be able to have pictures of the mixing and baking process, but I only have one set of hands! My camera is manual focus, so photographing what's happening isn't quite a one-hand deal. I already took the picture above with the spoon in my mouth! I felt like a dog with a stick.

Woof.


The original recipe didn't give an oven temperature, so I winged it at 350. That's what the average recipe calls for, but I'd probably bump it to 375 for the next go of it. I kept these bad boys in for at least 25 minutes before calling it quits and sampling one. Scones vary in texture and firmness... or at least all the ones I've tried. In the meantime, these came out just slightly crisp on top but moist and tender inside - not super dense. (I didn't bake them until browned, like the recipe calls for. They were only slightly golden.)

I still have some frozen berries left, but they're frozen. And they'll stay that way. Planning to switch gears and make Oreo-inspired cookies in a few days for a dear friend, so I'll be laying the fruits to rest for a while. Laura, get excited. The recipe looks great and I doubt it will disappoint!





Blueberry Scone Muffins

3½ cups all-purpose/plain flour
⅔ cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
⅔ cup Butter, melted
1½ cups blueberries
Soften butter for serving.

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups in a muffin baking pan with paper liners.

2. In a medium mixing bowl combine the Flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture and set aside.

3. In another mixing bowl combine the egg, buttermilk, and melted butter. Add the egg mixture into the well of the dry ingredients and stir just until it forms a moist lumpy batter.

4. Fold in the blueberries.

5. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling each ¾ of the way full.

6. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Serve warm with butter. Serves 16.

Source: Erren's Kitchen

No comments

Post a Comment

© suz bakes • Theme by Maira G.